Monday, May 23, 2005

My Birthday Weekend

Hey guys, I doubt any one is reading this blog yet, but thought I would let you all know how my weekend was. I also need a bit of writing practice writing, as I haven't done it for ages, and currently its shit. It was my 24th on Thursday, I had the day off and hung out with my old man. We were moving stuff from my mum's parents place into my brother's car for my dad to take back to Tassie. It wasn't as confusing as it sounds.
After a few warm up drink Old Man took Me Nicky and Dave, out for dinner in china town, it was a bit of an ordeal finding the place with about 4 trips up and down little Bourke street trying to find the alley way, the food was good authentic, quite tasty Chinese.
We spent the rest of the night at The Croft Institute, where Alex and Curt were DJing, there were a fair few of us there, more than half the people in the bar were friends of mine. Including the Dj's and Bar staff. Jagermeister shots out of Ice Shot glasses were fun, but very slippery. I don't think any one had a camera, so there are no photos to post.
I worked a half day on Friday, a reasonable sleep in was needed as although I wasn't quite in pain, full head and body discomfort, we had a quite Friday night I think Nicky was asleep by 9pm.
Saturday was a bit of an early start, Old Man got round to my place around 9.30am. The three of us, Nicky Dad and Me headed out to Benalla, we had booked in for gliding at about 12, but ended up getting there at around one. We had a few troubles finding the airport, and a few more troubles finding the right runway to meet up with the pilots. I think all over them were over 60, some easy pushing 70 funny old guys who sit around an airport flying planes with no engines. After a bit of a meet and greet John took me up in his glider. It's a pretty cramped little cockpit, if I was much taller I wouldn't have fitted, and any one of above average build would have had troubles squeezing in.



It was a really cool ride, got towed up about 4500 feet into the air, It took about 30 minutes to get back down, Its meant to be a heap better during summer, as the sun creates thermal currents and you can stay up for as long as you want, all the old guys were telling us that its not real gliding unless you can catch the thermals back up.
We had a beer and nice picnic in a park next to the river and then drove home.
it was a nice sunny Sunday morning we had a wickedly cooked beaky in the park. then got dressed up and cruised to the North Fitzroy Lawn Bowls Club. Melbourne bitter stubbies were on special, only $3 each. We had a few games, a few beers, smoked a spliff and went up the road to the Pinnacle Hotel for some food. Stewie splurged and ordered entrée's of spicy Thai chicken dippy things, prawns oysters etc etc. we had a few more beers there and stumbled down to Glitch and sat down the front of their little cinema watching the Eurovision champion ships. Some where in there we had a little Prezzie giving ceremony, I got a bucket of goodies including an engraved pocket knife, rainbow thermals gloves nice socks and a $150 voucher for teh Crumpler store.
On Tuesday I put in my order for a Boxing Kangaroo Customer Crumpler it should take about a week... I'll put up some photos once I get it..
well that was my weekend, and my first blogger thingo.

Post some comments if you actually read this ok.

Will Cowans Photo Page
Will Cowan Dot Com


Cheers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will cowan aka The Lion, happy birthday, ill send you a cd as a present look out for it in the mail and look out for me djing with pete doherty and kate moss in the vip room at 'we love homelands' on saturday... rawk and coal!!!
dave

WillC said...

^ oohh a cd. wooooo

Anonymous said...

i knew you would post here havido your so unbelievably reliable !

Actually and while im talking to you on wills page I dont think we ve had a chance to discuss your hot new girl properly.

Will, I actually tried to walk around the corner and text you subtly after dave brought his hot new "not" girlfriend around to work to tell you about it but i ran out of credit.

( and i know its not possible but somehow i feel like you controlled that havido...i would put nothing beyond your capabilties....)

Happy birthday, sorry about your ipod....thats extremely painful...ive seen the fallout from people before...celia