Monday, August 22, 2005

Full Moon Shenanigans

Well what a full on couple of days, Kho Pha-Ngan was a blast... Big drunken nights nearly every night, occasionally followed by trippy mornings on magic mushies at the Mellow Mountain Bar. The beach is pretty huge, its got about 5 or 6 main bars, house, hard house,R 'n' B, Drum & Bass and stuff. In front and between all the bars are the Bucket Stalls the prices went up a little on full moon night, from $3 a bucket to $4 . At the water line in front of most of the bars there are fire twirling shows, Some of it a fair bit better than what I saw at Phi Phi, and that was friggen wicked back there. I don't have my memory card with me but I should get some time tomorrow to stick photos online. I know I'll try and work another full moon party into my trip some time soon, It turned out the night before full moon was the most fun ( not so fucking busy )
We shared a place with Deb and Val, and caught up with some other people we had met at Phi Phi, and ofcause in our drunked stupors met a whole bunch of new friends aswell.
Today me Roy and Deb caught a boat to Kho Tao and Val headed back up towards Bangkok. Deb's been here earlier in her trip, and is booking a bungalow for a full month. Me and Roy have booked in to a dive school and they've organised fairly cheap accom for the week for us.
I'm really looking forwards to doing the scuba thing, It really seems like one of those things you can get hooked on, its relatively cheap its costing us 9000 bhat, which is $290 au for a 4 day course. Once you finish you get your Open Water Certificate, so you can dive any where in the world, so that's very cool.
I wish i had an underwater case for my camera, but i spose I'll jsut buy a disposable underwater one, the diving here is ment to be wicked.

any way,
I hope every one is doing well....
cya

No comments: