Sunday, November 13, 2005

first update in ages.

Ok so after getting an email from Mel friggen ages ago that we should re-confirm our flights make sure its done at least 3 days before etc, etc. Us being “Don’t need to do that we’re gonna push back those flights I’ll just ring up one of these days and push it back” So I awake from a almighty slumber, rock down to Crazy Kim’s bearing the brunt of a relatively sever hangover, to teach a second day of English. After, I wander into a net cafĂ© to “Make the Call” I dig around and find my phone where I have the flight details and contact number for Air Sri Lanka, and then “Holly Shiiiiiit” the flights at 9.15pm Thursday November the 3rd, “Shit that’s real close” I think to my self and double checking the calendar my heart skips a beat as I realise I‘m on a beach side resort 6 hours north of Ho Chi Mihn City, with a flight to catch from Bangkok in about 9 hours. Running sucks, dong it barefoot in Nha Trang sucks (Halloween was a big night and I awoke sans Flip Flops) having a thumping hang over related head ache sucks also. So as I sprint back to the hotel, side stepping shards of glass, piles of goo and trying to keep to any surface under about 60C, my head jostles around in my skull, with the thoughts of “Crap we’re gonna have to forfeit the flights, I wonder if they will… I hope they….. ohhh crap.” So I burn through about $15 of credit calling Air Sri Lanka for them to tell me to call STA in HCM. I Call them and they Bu (my new best friend) advises “ohh ok, come to the office and we’ll sort it out” I’m “We are in Nha Trang” “Oh no worries come in tomorrow” I’m dubious and reword the situation to see if he still agrees and tells us it cab be fixed, “yeah it can” I try again and he still agrees.
We book the night bus and head to Ho Chi Mihn, and low and behold the day after the flight has already left, we wander in pay $USD25 and he gets us on a flight on the 18th, and pushes our Beijing flight back respectively.
We celebrate pretty hard that night. The next night we cross paths with Patchy Jim (from Ha Long Bay) again, so Ho Chi Mihn City was a bit of a trash fest, on my last night I manages to loose my new digi cam on a stumble home. Sucks the big one…. Luckily I’ld done a recent back up to the iPods and Laptop so only lost a few good photos from that night.

Over and out.

No comments: