Monday, December 05, 2005

UK, Home Sweet Home

That’s it, its all over, I’m now in UK.
I just chilled out in China, didn’t see allot of stuff. I spent the majority of the time in Sculpting in Time, a quite cool café / restaurant, in the Uni district of WuDaoKou, I only ended up there due to its free Wi-Fi, but I quite liked it. There were a fair few expats and a few Chinese Uni students, lots of people heads buried in school books or laptops. I went shopping with Cindy and Jack to a local tech market, and picked up a 300 gig external hard drive for the laptop, thanks heaps guys for your help. It was great fun hanging out with you.
I caught up with Roy at the Beijing airport, ready for the flight to Heathrow via Doha, Qatar. We flew Qatar air, who were friggen great, brand new airbus A330, personal video on demand. Not just little tellies on the seat in front but being able to pick and choose when and what you wanna watch. It was cool the plane was big clean and the food didn’t suck. Our flight, Doha to Heathrow was delayed by a few hours and the airport wasn’t much chop. Roy was nursing a fairly decent hangover after a few to many red wines, and unfortunately had given Ralph a pretty decent talking to during the flight.
We Tubed it to Celia, Curt, Dickie and Adelle’s place in Golders Green, first up we made a quick mission to Tesco’s for some big bottles of cheap Cider.  You can tell alcohol isn’t that classy when it’s in a 2 litre plastic bottle (or in our case 2.2L with bonus 10%). It tasted fine and we had a pretty good catch up. Every one is in the process of working out their New Years plans, it seems they are off to Berlin.
I’m writing this from the London to Edinburgh train, £14 is what I’ve been told is a very cheap price, it’s a crap load more than the $2.60 I paid for my last good sized journey, a 10 hour bus trip across Sri Lanka. The trains are pretty nice and it’s only about a 4 or 5 hour journey.
Julia’s meeting me at the train station, and taking me to the guys place for a surprise entry, It’s gonna be great. I can’t believe it has been 4 months since I’ve seen every one.

No comments: